Fashion is ever-evolving. Every day there is a new trend in the market and everybody is after the latest trends. With ever-changing fashions and styles, you might find it difficult to keep up with them. New trends introduce new kinds of pieces of clothing, which sometimes become wardrobe staples or become temporary guests in your closet. No matter how many trends come and go, the classics will stay with you forever. You can style classic pieces in many different ways and still be trendy.
Sleeveless tops and button-up shirts have been around in the fashion world for a long time. Since the retro days, these clothing items have become permanent members of the closet. But wearing the tops and shirts the same way can get a little monotonous. Sprucing up these simple pieces can make for stylish looks every single time. There are many ways you can wear the same clothing item differently for each look.
Here are some ways you can wear your favourite sleeveless tops and button-up shirts:
- The classic way: This is a no brainer. Wearing the clothes the way they were meant to be worn will always end up looking just as good. With the endless number of colours and designs, sleeveless tops and button-up shirts are available, you can pick and choose the ones that suit your style. From different colours to prints and even embroidery, there is an endless sea to choose from, so going the classic way is not a bad idea after all.
- Layering is key: Layering is a styling tip that will never go out of vogue. You can wear full sleeves or even half sleeves tops and layer them with sleeveless tops. They look stylish and keep you warm on cold days. You can also wear button-up shirts over your regular t-shirts or blouses. You can even layer your button-up shirts with a sleeveless top. Both pieces are so versatile you can layer them with each other or with any other pieces of clothing.
- Tie it up: This is yet another styling tip that will stick around and be relevant forever. It looks chic and can be done in seconds. It is effortless and stylish at the same time. A simple knot in the front will add loads more character to your outfit and give it a different look altogether. You can tie the fabric in a knot in the front or on either side. This trick looks effortless and casual and does not take up too much of your time either. It is perfect for summers and looks great for beach outfits.
- Wear it with jeans: Just like jeans can be found in every closet, sleeveless tops and button-up shirts too have found a home in many people’s closets. Jeans can be dressed up or down and it is really easy to play around with your look with these clothing items. Wearing these tops with jeans gives an effortless, casual vibe. If you want to look more put together, simply tuck it into your jeans; your outfit will still have a casual feel.
- Wear it with skirts: Skirts are yet another versatile clothing item that can be worn with a variety of clothing items. There are so many different styles of skirts available that you will surely find one that matches your top. Wear your button-up shirts with a denim skirt for a casual look, or with a pencil skirt for a formal look. With sleeveless tops, you can pair it with many kinds of skirts depending upon the look you are going for. You can pair it with denim skirts, pencil skirts, leather skirts, textured skirts, etc. The choices are endless, so there is plenty of room for experimenting.
- Go the unconventional way: The same piece of clothing can be worn in a different way as well, that is unconventional yet looks good. This way, you can get more out of the same clothing item and don’t have to keep buying new clothes to create different looks. You wear your regular button-up shirt as a skirt or try to button it up differently for a unique look. You can even wear the shirt like a tube top and tie the arms into a bow. You can find YouTube tutorials on ways to button up your shirt in unique ways, so there’s no lack of ideas either.
- Use it as a jacket: Button-up shirts and sleeveless tops can be worn as jackets too. It will keep you warm when you are feeling cold and even look stylish. Sleeveless tops look good as half sleeved jackets and give an effortlessly chic look. Button up shirts worn as jackets give you a dressed-up casual look that will go well for semi-formal events for a day out event. So wear your shirts and tops to make a style statement not just for vanity but also to keep you warm.
- DIY them: What better than customizing your clothes the way you want them to be. You can play with your look just by doing a few tweaks to your tops and shirts. Use your tops as your canvas and decorate them the way you want to. Right from painting and dyeing, to sticking appliques on the tops and sewing on other fabrics like lace and sequins, you can come up with a new outfit with the same clothing item. There are plenty of tutorials available online that will guide you and help you DIY your clothes exactly the way you imagined.
- Wear it cropped: Cropped styles have been seen on many runway models and have quickly become popular among youngsters. If you too want to try this trend, you simply do it with the tops you already have. Your sleeveless tops will be perfect to make into a crop top and even button-up shirts will look cool in a cropped style. You can either tuck it in or cut it off to wear your tops in a crop top style.