Wearing nail polishes is a great way to change the look of the person instantly. But every conventional nail polish is often surrounded by a bad reputation of having toxic chemicals and substances that are harmful to the body. On the other hand, using natural nail polish can be non-toxic for the body and the nails and fingers. Nail polishes are always in demand due to various styles and designer colours. Celebrities always use and promote nail polishes that are always in high demand globally, especially among teenagers and young adults. In 2015, the global market for nail polishes was estimated at around 6.89 billion dollars, rapidly growing and increasing in popularity.
Although conventional nail polishes are cheaper, they have a lot of health concerns for casual users. Some of them include allergies, toxicity for children and pregnant women and also for people who are sensitive to chemicals. Here are some of the problems caused by conventional nail polishes:
- The presence of toluene can cause damage to the central nervous system and the reproductive organs. It is also associated with headaches and irritation in the eyes and throat.
- Certain compounds like formaldehyde are carcinogenic and have tendencies to induce cancer in regular wearers.
- Other chemical compounds like camphor and nitrocellulose are also linked to reproductive problems and irritation of the eyes.
Natural Nail Polishes and Their Advantages:
An all-natural nail polish variant doesn’t contain such toxic elements and is healthy for the skin and the nails. Some of the best benefits of using natural polish are listed below:
- Healthy For The Nails: Natural polishes are healthy for the nails and reduce the chances of being prone to wear and tear. Natural polishes are also durable enough to withstand harsh conditions of weather and abrasive particles. The natural polish can also cover nail damages and give them enough time to heal without inducing any toxic elements into the damaged nails. Certain companies also include vitamins and other essential minerals into the polishes to revitalise and rejuvenate the nails.
- No Harmful Chemicals: Unlike conventional nail polish, natural polishes do not have any harmful compounds that may irritate the eyes along with other problems. All-natural ingredients present in the polish are very safe and even healthy for the nails.
- Effect On Mood and Habits: Natural polishes do not contain any chemical elements that can disrupt the hormones in the body. Disruption of hormones caused by conventional nail polishes can cause vomiting and diarrhoea. Nausea is also a common symptom of such hormonal disturbances.
Natural polishes come in bright and dynamic colours and designs. Specific colours have been found to affect the brain’s mood, so using brightly coloured polished can make a person feel calm, happy, and relaxed. Natural polishes do tend to come at higher prices, but they are in high demand due to their many health benefits compared to conventional ones. Due to such great texture and colours, people who wear natural polishes don’t usually bite their nails as they are more body-conscious. Even if nail-biting is a habit, there are no health risks as there are no toxic elements present in the natural polishes.
With such positive benefits on a person’s overall well-being, it is time to grab some natural nail polish for a time of self-pampering and relaxation. No more harmful and toxic chemicals, no more heavy and intense aromas and no more fear of any problems of the nails and the skin; get rid of conventional toxic polishes and go all-natural!